Proven Science, Proven Results
What does it do?
How is it used? What does it feel like?
What are possible side effects?
During a treatment:
- Sensations of pulling, tugging, and mild pinching at the treatment site
- Intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, cramping. These sensations lessen as the area becomes numb
Immediately after a treatment:
- Redness and firmness
- Transient blanching and/or mild bruising around the edges of the treatment area
- Tingling and stinging
One to two weeks after a treatment:
- Redness, bruising, and swelling
- Tenderness, cramping, and aching
- Itching, skin sensitivity, tingling, and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a treatment
- Sensation of fullness in the back of the throat after submental area treatment
There are other side effects that can happen with submental and submandibular area treatments:
- Cold exposure to the hypoglossal nerve may cause tongue deviation following treatment of the submental and submandibular areas.
- Cold exposure to the marginal mandibular nerve may cause lower lip weakness following treatment of the submental and submandibular areas.
- Cold exposure to the submandibular gland may cause dry mouth, or decrease in saliva production, following treatment of the submental and submandibular areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does CoolSculpting® take?
A CoolSculpting® treatment typically takes as little as 35-75 minutes, depending on the area treated, with treatment sessions lasting 1-3 hours on average. For most patients, two or more treatment sessions are recommended to help reach their body contouring goals.
Is CoolSculpting® right for me?
You’re active. You eat healthy. But if you still have areas of stubborn fat that won’t go away, it might be time to consider CoolSculpting®.
How much does the CoolSculpting procedure cost?
The price for CoolSculpting procedures varies depending on your areas of concern, the number of sessions needed, and your ultimate goals. We will help create a customized treatment plan, in person, that’s tailored to your body, your goals, and your budget.
Where does the fat go? Are the results permanent?
Once the treated fat cells are crystallized (frozen), your body processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells. Once the treated fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good.
What does it feel like?
As the cooling begins during the first few minutes, you will feel pressure and intense cold. This soon dissipates. Many people read, watch videos, work on their laptop, or even take a nap during their treatment.
Is the CoolSculpting procedure safe?
The CoolSculpting procedure is FDA-cleared for the flank (love handles), abdomen, and thigh. With over one million CoolSculpting treatments performed worldwide, it is proven to be a safe and effective treatment for non-surgical fat reduction.
Can I return to normal activities after my treatment?
Yes, you can. The CoolSculpting procedure is completely non-surgical, so typically you can return to normal activities immediately. Often times, patients return to work after their CoolSculpting session is over.
When will I see results?
You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.
Do I need to take special supplements or follow a strict diet and exercise program?
No supplements or pills are required and you do not have to adopt new diet and exercise habits. Many patients feel more motivated to take care of themselves after their CoolSculpting treatment. It is as if they get a second lease on their body and want to start anew again by taking even better care of themselves.
What happens if I gain weight down the road?
Many people, after seeing the results from their CoolSculpting procedure, take even better care of themselves. However, if you do gain weight, you may gain it evenly all over your body, not just in the treated areas.